I'm a recent returnee from overseas who is wandering through life right now trying to figure out where to put my next footstep on this thing called life.

Friday, January 25, 2008

My Two Boys...Felix and Isaac

One of my greatest joys out here has been getting to the know and spend time with our Country Director, his wife and their boys. Having a family as part of a field staff environment is a must for everyone. On the worst of all days all I have to do is go spend some time with Felix and Isaac and the worries go away. I love the innocence and simplicity of children and their thinking. These two boys have brought me hours of endless fun and really lightened life when it often gets dark.

One of my highlights has been driving them to work this week. They are full of fun ideas. We spent 20 minutes the other day discussing how we could buy or build a car which would be small enough to fit under all the others so that we no longer have to deal with traffic. How I wish that was true?

Tonight we drove to the airport together. I had a lot of laughs along the way. Felix was talking about shooting a gun, and so we talked about how you should never aim a gun at another person because it's dangerous, etc. At which point, Isaac states from the back seat, "Unless you're the UN". Haha...from the mouth of babes.

Then we were listening to music and this song came up, "The Wonderful Cross". Isaac loves music and started singing along and got to the chorus, and was singing the "Wonderful Crust" or something to that affect. So I corrected him, and told him the word was "Cross", like the one that Jesus died on. He then says, "so what is Jesus up to now?"

5 Comments:

Blogger j said...

oh- my heart responded to this mess. i need some f and i here in the snowy mountains.

3:39 PM

 
Blogger Mel Giles said...

I know...it's crazy how much you can fall in love with other people's kids. I have been away from them for a month and it seems like a crazy amount of time.

1:00 AM

 
Blogger Mel Giles said...

I know...it's crazy how much you can fall in love with other people's kids. I have been away from them for a month and it seems like a crazy amount of time.

1:00 AM

 
Blogger tbone and jones said...

i love it...thanks for sharing mel!

10:32 AM

 
Blogger Amy said...

Dear gussy I love this mess!!!!!! thanks for posting this missy...you are awesome...

8:06 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home