I'm a recent returnee from overseas who is wandering through life right now trying to figure out where to put my next footstep on this thing called life.

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Saying My Goodbyes!

Well, the time has come to say my goodbyes to friends that I have met here in Liberia. For those of you who have transitioned from one culture to another, I'm sure you know the mixture of emotions that I've been working through these past few weeks. Today was my last day with staff, and it is tradition in our office to give a Liberian flag to departing guests and then sing a song, "My hands are Blessed", and give hugs. So many times, I have been part of the departure process, but to be the recipient this time was strange.

I knew I would never make it out of the situation without tears, and my only goal was not to get to that embarrassing stage where there are tears flying, mixed with sobs and the inability to communicate. Thank goodness, I stayed above that line, just barely, but I managed to get through it. It was extremely touching to look around the room and see faces of people who I have grown to love over these past two years.

For those of you who have been sending emails, skype messages and msn messages reassuring me that you are praying for me...this has been so helpful. Thank you for thinking of me during this time and for keeping me in your prayers.

To my Liberia Family...not much to say other than thank you for a wonderful two years!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have planted a legacy in Liberia and they have planted one in your heart. Thanks for sharing that journey with us. Just because you are returning to Canada, please don't stop blogging. Hopefully see you soon!

Peace,
Jamie

7:16 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with your transition. I don't think you'll be forgotten.

Holler if you're back in the BC area.

1:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home