I'm a recent returnee from overseas who is wandering through life right now trying to figure out where to put my next footstep on this thing called life.

Monday, July 10, 2006

Stampede Breakfast

Yes, apparently the almost two years of living in Calgary had some affect on me. My co-worker Sarah, who is here for three months, is from Calgary and so we threw our own Stampede breakfast on Saturday morning. It was fantastic! We planned on an outdoor event, but were disappointed to wake up to rain. Luckily, we had just the right amount of people and it wasn't too crowded to be able to hold the festivities in our house. We estimate that we served up somewhere between 170-200 pancakes, and at one time had about a dozen people line dancing in our living room. Sarah took the lead on most of this, and I acted as junior cowgirl. She had decorated our place up right Fancy, and we had the country tunes pumping throughout the morning. Issac and Felix, the Kauffeldt's two boys, keep asking when the next Stampede breakfast is going to be, and so we consider it a success.

Apart from our own version of Stampeding...we of course watched the world cup come to an end last night. We didn't exactly see it right through to the end though as the generator broke down and we missed the shoot out. Disappointed to hear that Italy won...but oh well, I didn't have my heart set on either of those two teams.

Interns have also arrived, which has impacted all of our lives. 6, yes 6, have arrived from across the US. We spent last week in orientation with them, and this week are seeing most of them move out to their various worksites and projects. They're a great group to have around, and have added some unique flavour to our office.

And of course, our staff house is nearing completion. Come the end of next week, I think we'll be able to move into the new place. I have yet to go inside, but people tell me that it's looking great. The contractor pimped out the place a bit by putting silver, "SP", lettering on the outside of the bars that protect each of our windows. It's a bit tacky, but you can hardly say anything, as the guy thinks this was a great added bonus.

Anyways, I'm heading back up to Foya on Thursday for almost a week to help settle in two interns. I hope to shake this head cold that I have before then, but apart from feeling a bit run down, I'm looking forward to getting back up North. Will write more upon my return.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! Hey, you should edit your Links on the sidebar. I mean, then you can promote my blog and who WOULDN'T want that? (wink)

Peace,
Jamie

8:36 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where you gone?!?

8:23 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We need an update!!

9:22 AM

 
Blogger Mel Giles said...

Hey, now that internet is back up and running...I'll try to work again on the blog. It was pretty pathetic for a few weeks, as our internet was completely out.

8:05 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home